…….Cyber Essentials (CE) is a government-backed cyber security certification scheme that sets out a baseline of cyber security suitable for all organisations. The scheme’s five security controls can prevent “around 80% of cyber attacks”….
What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is the standard level of certification – it is awarded upon completing a verified self-assessment. An organization certified in Cyber Essentials can be confident that its basic cyber security controls have been implemented correctly. This level of Cyber Essentials certification is a low cost option for organizations of any size that seek basic cyber security assurance.
Features of Cyber Essentials
- Provides your organization with assurance that its basic cyber security controls have been implemented correctly
- Your organization completes a self-assessment against Government Cyber Essentials Requirements
- Completed self-assessment is verified by independent Certification Body to confirm controls standards have been met
What is Cyber Essentials Plus?
Cyber Essentials Plus is an advanced level certification building upon the foundations laid by the basic Cyber Essentials certification. Cyber Essentials Plus certification provides a more concrete assessment of whether an organization’s controls are sufficient to protect against a variety of internet-based cyber security threats. Standard Cyber Essentials certification is required to apply for Cyber Essentials Plus.
Features of Cyber Essentials Plus
- An intensive independent assessment of your organization’s implemented cyber security controls
- Independent Certification Body confirms that your organization is prepared to defend against internet-based threats
- Provides high-level assurance of cyber security preparedness through use of processes such as vulnerability testing and cyber-attack scenarios
Who is Cyber Essentials for?
Cyber Essentials is designed for organizations of all sizes looking to confirm they have correctly implemented cyber security controls. An organization certified in Cyber Essentials can be confident that it has achieved a basic standard of cyber security best practice.
Furthermore, since October 2014 Cyber Essentials certification is mandatory for organizations wanting to secure specific Government contracts relating to the handling of sensitive data and delivery of certain IT products or services.
This level of Cyber Essentials certification is also a pre-requisite for organizations who wish to be certified in Cyber Essentials Plus.
Please contact us today to find out how we can help you..
Landline: +44 (0)333 012 4111
Mobile: +44(0)7950 214730/ 07950 214730
Skype ID: security.aware
For more information please visit www.cyberstreetwise.com/cyberessentials